Cybersecurity for Business Owners Webinar
Bill Sorenson, principal at Heritage Capital Group, and Paul Dent, founder of Surenomics, LLC, hosted a webinar on "Cybersecurity for Business Owners."
It is a commonly held misconception that larger businesses are at a higher risk of receiving cyber-attacks than small to medium enterprises due to the scale of the operation and the sensitivity of the information. According to a recent study by IBM, 52% of cyber-attacks happened in organizations with just 11 to 100 employees (2020).
To learn more about cybersecurity and strategies to minimize your company's risk, click here to view the webinar on-demand. You can also select the video links below to view highlights on specific topics.
- Cybersecurity defined (video)
- Examples of high-profile attacks (video, video)
- Global impact of cybersecurity (video)
- Types of industries most likely to be impacted (video)
- Size of enterprises most likely affected
- Frequency of cyber-attacks on small and medium enterprises
- 3 Elements of cybersecurity (video)
- Cybersecurity challenges for small and medium enterprises (video)
- Adverse effects of a singular focus on growth at the risk of cybersecurity
- Organizational and Leadership role in cybersecurity awareness
- Best practice framework
- The most significant threats to small and medium enterprises
- Essential mitigation tactics (video)
- Importance of cybersecurity insurance
- Types of coverage and the question to ask
- The impact a breach could have on mergers and acquisitions
- Future considerations
Click here to download the slide deck for this presentation.